Our structured program provides residents a safe place to live their life independently while still continuing to receive the care needed. The friendly, family atmosphere enables residents to achieve piece of mind and live a meaningful life.
The local community and the warm weather in Florida enriches our residents’ lifestyle in more ways than one. Our staff encourages residents to participate in many activities and take advantage of the many opportunities available to them. Residents are able to take part in the following activities:
- Participate in developmental (educational and recreational) programs offered by neighboring Aspire Health Partners
- Field trips to local springs, parks, restaurants, movies, bowling, library and shopping.
- Recreational activities such as basketball, walks around the downtown Sanford lakefront.
- Individual and group counseling.
- Attend classes at nearby Seminole State College.
- Engage in work or volunteer opportunities when provided and able.
- Membership to a full equipment gym and on-site physical training.
Mission: “To enhance the lives of adult males with mental illness through an affordable, structured program providing love, care, and support in a home-like setting.”
We provide person-centered care that focuses on our residents maintaining independence, being stable and healthy, as well as feeling safe, comfortable and happy. At The Family of Friends you will receive:
- 24/7 awake staff
- 3 delicious meals and snacks
- Assistance with activities of daily
- Assistance with medication management
- Assistance with appointments
- Escort and transportation service
- Social and leisure activities